The last several weeks have been silent here on Come Run or Shine as I’ve been
on sabbatical on hiatus on a leave of absence lazy pretty caray-zee busy as we moved 2,025 miles from Los Angeles to Minneapolis at the end of June, began settling in to our new home, preparing for our new jobs, going on a rather spontaneous vacation last week (more on that in a later), and of course, running.
A few highlights:
1. 30th Birthday!! (Last couple days in LA)
Yep, that’s birthday cake for breakfast!
2. Moving expedition. Many many miles across 9 states, many many boxes. My in-laws flew out to LA and helped us move – bless them!
Buckley was the best little traveler! Not one “are we there yet?” Me, on the other hand…
4. Land of 10,000+ lakes! LOVE. Running around, jumping in, hanging out by…all activities around a lake. Yep.
5. Running in the RAIN!! I really don’t think I saw rain more than 5 minutes in LA. I know I know, I sound like a crazy person but I really did miss the rain. If I said I missed the snow would you lock me away? Ok, I’ll wait on that statement…
6. First Twins game in the new(ish) stadium! 4th of July with some good friends. And ice cream out of tiny Twins hats.
7. Vacation! (More on that later this week, pinky swear.)
And of course, I’ve been running. I won’t include every run during the last few weeks since you’d stop reading (if you’ve made it this far anyway).
July 1-7: 20 miles
July 8-14: 22 miles
Last week: 15 miles (while on vacation) then got back to Minneapolis and ran my long run (14 miles) last evening.
A friend of mine sent me this cool interview with the Katherine Switzer, marathon hero, that I’ll leave you with: